What the Mind Retains...
Random moments I remember from every year of my life...
2008
The flash of a speed camera going off while I'm cruising on the Nerang-Beudesert road.
2007
Jumping up and down in joy in the living room and profusely thanking God...finally passed my driving test.
2006
Meditating in my bunk at Maju camp.
2005
Throwing a sponge at Thiagesh.
2004
Dancing to "Azhagina Azhage" at Madhan's place for someone's birthday.
2003
My surprise 21st birthday party at Curry Connections.
2002
Lying in bed on my bunk in Selarang Camp...reflecting on turning 20 and feeling very old.
2001
Fainting on the road in my camp at Ulu Pandan.
2000
Celebrating the new year at Pasir Ris park with the family.
1999
Running out of the CJC gates - playing truant for the first time.
1998
Being chosen for the finals of the Plain English Speaking Awards.
1997
Taking part in a Tamil debating competion against Crescent Girls School in Umar Pulavar Tamil School.
1996
Dancing 'Arpanam' at SJI's Chinese New Year concert.
1995
Turning up late on the first day of school and being told "no excuses".
1994
Leaning over my balcony at Pasir Ris heights, feeling shattered by my PSLE results.
1993
Being hospitalised at Tan Tock Seng for suspected fits.
1992
Gloating over news that I qualified for EM1 and the guy sitting next to me reading my report card in disbelief...loser!
1991
Topping my class in Science. First time I came in first in any subject.
1990
Being called up to the principal's office for writing an essay about how I hated her.
1989
Having an older female prefect carry my school bag up to my class because I was too weak to lift it myself.
1988
Stuffing paper fans into the pocket of a girl I had a crush on.
1987
Dancing solo to "Maha Ganapathy" at my kindergarten graduation ceremony.
1986
Visiting my aunt on the day cousin Naren was born.
1985
Grandmother giving me a bottle with hot milo.
1984
Sitting on the couch at my grandmother's flat in Bedok and feeling that my T-shirt was too tight.
1983 and 1982 - no memory
9 Comments:
I might steal this blog idea from you...but honestly, I don't know if I could remember things by year like that...that's a good memory! Hospitalized for "suspected fits"? That just sounds funny...although, it must've been rather serious! And an essay about hating the principle?? lol...nice, nice... :)
Wow Kartik,what a fab idea!
One memory from each year. Cool. Thanks for sharing.
Really nice...
Anu
hey Kartik, i shld take up this tag... U wrote an essay abt the principal at an age 8? thats daring! really nice...
Em: Go for it! Yeah...I remember strange things...And yes, the incident with fits was pretty funny because I faked the whole thing to miss school and did not expect to be hospitalised with a drip.
Anu: You're welcome! Always a pleasure.
Lalitha: Please do...would love to read about your moments too. Yes, I actually moved to another school the following year after the incident with the principal!
You threw a sponge at me? I remember throwing my underwear at you clad in a towel....ahhh...such memories...
haha.... moved to another sch??? i hope u had better time in yr new school... so hilarious...
Thiagesh: Thanks for publicizing!
Lalitha: Yeah..got kicked out in primary 2!
hey anyway i have tagged yr post...read it ok? hey send my regards to saras too!!!
kartik this is possibly one of your best blog entries. very nice. made me think about all the hurdles i've crossed in the past 28 years. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home