And sometimes even Hindi movies make sense.
For those of you who have not already heard, Australian crocodile hunting legend Steve Irwin died yesterday after being speared in the chest by a stingray. This was a man who battled massive crocodiles and venomous snakes and of all things he was killed by a STINGRAY!!!...that harmless looking fish which my grandmother used to fry and put in curry?! I don't really get affected by the death of people I don't know personally but like many others around the world, I was also shocked by the suddeness of it all. People like Steve Irwin are not supposed to die. They are supposed to play with crocodiles and do silly things on television and get away with it. They are there to remind the rest of the world how powerful and in control man is. Alas, his death just shows us how fragile and unpredictable life is. Indeed, "Death and love come unannounced" (Bachan, 2006 in Kabhi Alvidha Na Kehna).
Meanwhile, wishing everyone a very blessed Onam!! (Its a harvest festival celebrated in Kerala and is considered the most important celebration for Malayalees) After years, I am finally celebrating with my family and devouring home made sadhya and a healthy dose of family love and warmth.
cheers,
Kartik

2 Comments:
Happy Onam to u and yr family :) eat alot of sweets and don t become fat ok ?...haha..:) God bless all
I was sad Steve Irwin died too. I mean, at least a crocodile should've gotten him! But a stingray? But really, it is sad.
Post a Comment
<< Home