Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good news and better news

So...despite the relatively slow start, this year is panning out pretty well and looks quite promising.

Firstly, I've gotten a small promotion...nothing spectacular, it is just a routine increment which all teachers get after completing another year in service...I'm now on Band 2 Step 3. I'm more thrilled by the pay rise though...the extra $4000 a year goes a long way for a financially stretched man like me.

But to more exciting news...Saras is now more than 13 weeks pregnant! We're expecting the child to be due sometime towards the end of November. Naturally, we're thrilled and looking forward to the new arrival but there is definitely a level of anxiety as well.

I just have no idea what to expect...as much as I adore babies and I've been unusually clucky over the last couple of years, I've never quite spent much time with them to understand how they tick. But one thing for sure...no matter how difficult things may get, I know deep down that it is going to be worth it and I wouldn't want things any other way.

Life will never be the same again...in a good way.

I will update you all with episodes of my journey in fatherhood...

cheers,

Kartik

3 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kartik, you're going to be a dad!!! Way to state the obvious, I know...but congratulations!!! That's so exciting; I am happy for you and Saras. :) Thanks for the comment...didn't know non account people could leave me comments now!

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger dars said...

Wow Kartik, congrats man. I am extremely happy for you. I still distincty remember walking around "pebble creek" in SJI, talking about silly stuff. I hope everything is well with ya bro. Keep in touch.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger my life.... said...

Woohoo....! Dad Kartik and Mummy Saras, congratulation! I am so happy for both of u guys!!! Keep in touch... is it a baby boy or girl? have u decided on their names???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home